Michael J. Zychowicz
- Wrongful Death
- Serious Personal Injury
Michael Zychowicz work focuses in the areas of wrongful death and serious personal injury, with extensive experience in trial advocacy. Mr. Zychowicz has expertise in all types auto crash cases, including car, truck, motorcycle and even 4-wheel utility vehicle crashes. Michael Zychowicz has extensive third-party litigation for injuries in the workplace setting and products liability.
Mr. Zychowicz was born in Toledo, earned his undergraduate degree at Miami of Ohio, and worked at his father’s business to pay his way through the University of Toledo College Of Law. After clerking for a highly respected judge, Michael worked at a large firm in personal injury insurance defense which gave him, invaluable trial experience and industry insights that help him maximize compensation in his current capacity as a plaintiffs-only attorney.
Michael Zychowicz is a longtime member of the Toledo and Ohio Bar Associations, the Toledo Area Trial Lawyers Association, the Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers, and the American Association for Justice. He is a former President of the Toledo Trial Lawyers Association, and also serves as a mentor for novice trial lawyers through the American Association for Justice. Mr. Zychowicz is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. The Million Dollar Advocates Forum is recognized as one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts, awards, and settlements. Less than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members. Mr. Zychowicz has been recognized by his peers and elite organizations for his legal excellence, placing him in the top 5% of all lawyers nationwide. Martingale is a peer group which gave him the rating of AV Preeminent, the highest possible. Reuters has named him a Super Lawyer after their rigorous review process. Mr. Zychowicz and his team bring their best to every case, and the effort has been recognized for 35 years.
Mr. Zychowicz has a long service record in his community. He was the President of the Civil Service Commission for the City of Toledo. He also was a member of the Public Defenders Committee and provided pro bono work for the Toledo Bar Association. Politically Mr. Zychowicz ran for County Commissioner. He also served on the prestigious Ad Hoc committee that appointed Toledo Police Chief Navarre. Mr. Zychowicz is a longtime supporter of the University of Toledo. He is an avid runner and enjoys the game of golf. He is married to Jan and has kids Abby, Adam, and Alec.
- University of Toledo College of Law, Toledo, Ohio
Current Employment Position
- Toledo Bar Association, Member
- Ohio Bar Association, Member
- Toledo Area Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Toledo Trial Lawyers Association, Former President
- Ohio, 1985
- Michigan, 1985
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Michigan
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Program
- Civil Service Commission for the City of Toledo, President