Five Holiday Traveling Tips from Zychowicz Law
Millions of Americans will take to the roads between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day. Listed are some important tips to follow during your holiday travels!
- Tip 1 Make sure your vehicle is operating properly. Is the oil checked, are the lights working, are you tires in the proper condition and pressure level? Make sure your vehicle maintenance is up to date before traveling.
- Tip 2 Plan your route in advance and check traffic reports and weather conditions before you leave. As a backup, bring along a paper map. Sometimes technology can be unreliable so best to be prepared.
- Tip 3 Follow speed limits and with heavy congestion during the holidays, you may have to travel below posted limit to be safe. Drive defensively and be patient. Remember, the goal is to arrive safely.
- Tip 4 Be prepared for emergencies – keep a flair, blankets, and a flashlight in your trunk. Also, kitty litter or sand can be used to improve traction on icy surfaces. Make sure your gas tank is at least half full at all times.
- Tip 5 While we hope your holiday is filled with cheer, we know it is oftentimes also filled with stress. Try not to bring stress and frustration to the roadway. Frustration can lead to poor decisions and risky behavior behind the wheel. Pre-planning can make your trip more enjoyable and help with the unexpected.
ToledoAutoLaw.com is wishing you and your family a happy and safe holiday season!